Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Getting Healthy

Hejsan,
Ironic as it is to write about health when I'm bedridden with a really bad flu, I thought it was important to discuss it as my inbox has been blowing up with questions about fitness and so forth. First of all to gain a healthy lifestyle you need to check your motivation is in the right place, if you're reading this or dieting or over exercising in order to gain visible collar & hip bones as well as a thigh gap you won't find what you need. Instead focus on the health. The three main things I focused on were:

One. Watching what I eat
 I eat three to five full meals a day, this keeps me full and happy which keeps me from snacking too much. And when I do need to snack I switched my junk food in for fruits and veggies, and my sodas in for tea. My current favorite's are chamomile and green tea. I also increased my water intake, starting the day off with two big cups of water in order to get ready for the day.

Two. Exercise
I make it a point to get at least half an hour of exercise per day if not more. I go to the gym because I find it easier to stay on task when someone else is there to help me stay motivated. My guilty pleasures are to take yoga, pilates and spin classes. Also thinking about the little efforts like biking or walking to close by destinations instead of driving, and using the stairs instead of the escalators pays off in the long run.

Three. Self Image
I had a tough end of summer as I had to rush into new changes that weren't all positive. Graduating from an international high school also meant separation from my friends, making it harder to deal with everything as they are my secondary family. Adding in getting anonymous hate post did nothing but fuel my anger and disgust at myself. So I started working on listing things that make me happy about the world and about my self, and eventually the more positive thoughts I was able to focus on the more positive I started to feel and eventually my self esteem came back.

As they say a happy body is a happy mind. The better you start treating yours the better you will feel.





16 comments:

  1. Really amazing! I was wondering if you have any websites you look at for health and fitness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ! I follow a lot of Cassey Ho's advice she runs blogilates.com, and I like to google fitness inspo on tumblr to keep me mentally motivated :) hope this helps ! xx

      Delete
  2. Daaaaaaayuuuuuum Guuuuuuurl Y U So FINE?????? Everytam is c dat booty i gooooo " I keep on whaling till the the end" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really awesome, you are a great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you just work out all the time or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work out when I can, but I do a little bit of exercise every day to keep fit :)

      Delete
  5. very motivating!

    www.blogdrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so beautiful and inspirational. I love your blog so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really means a lot xx

      Delete
  7. I have been blog hopping around trying to find posts on losing weight- I have to blame it on my latest read, " Get Balanced, Get Blissed: Nourishment for Body, Mind, and Soul" by Lynne Goldberg http://liveblissnow.com/. It has helped me realize that I not only need to lose some weight, I need to do a better job at improving my health and well-being. Thank you so much for your inspirational post as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are amazing results, aren't they Ashley? Really gets you motivated :}. I will take a look at Lynne's book - thanks for sharing that one!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your comments lovelies ! xx

      Delete