Tuesday, June 24, 2014

South Coast


Going to Mallorca I really didn't do enough research on the weather or what the appropriate attire is on the island. I really let down my TCK roots in that sense, but it made my trip more of an adventure and I stood out. I wish it would have been because of my outfits, but more or less it was because I had the most amount of clothes on.  From adding socks to my sandals or blazers to my braletts it seemed I always wore too much when going somewhere other than the beach. In this particular case it was the layering of the outfit that deemed too much for the island. At first glance the bustier covered with a button up shirt that I did not plan on totally unbuttoning at any point in the night was not a "magaluf" look. You can forget the skort too when it comes to staple pieces for a night out. However there were loopholes to my theory.  First of all my bag of choice for the night was my moms "Vintage" longchamp backpack. Classy? yes. But the condition of the backpack deemed it an alright choice for the night. Not only had my dad spilt coffee over the beige fabric back in the day when we lived in Cali (which by the way sparked a huge fight between my parents, my mom, the neat freak she is, was embarrassed to show up to lunch in napa valley with a coffee stained longchamp. I totally agree) The stains have for the most part come out, but slight darker patches still grace the bag much like the five o'clock shadow on my dads face. Apart from the coffee stains the backpack had also suffered from the humidity of our Shanghai life, causing the layers of fabric to slip from each other. The condition of my vintage backpack indeed made it nightlife appropriate. Secondly I was wearing a bustier that was very visible underneath my button up shirt. The shirt I had purchased to camouflage with my lower class man school year uniform (I felt the school issued oxford top wasn't fitted right) Since my uniform days the shirt has done many an event with me, from my MUN days to my Nokia internship, the shirt never let me down when I needed to look more adult. I felt in contrast my backpack with worn out straps, and lingerie top replacement this shirt would balance the look out. I not only had the sleeves rolled up but I also only actually had three buttons done up. I consider the shirt de-classified to a mallorca level. The bustier from previous use had suffered some damage. I'm sure one hook is missing and the left bottom corner has a slight tear in the lace. Definitely an item I had previously partied in so it was accepted as soon as I set my eyes on it. So at first glance my outfit may have been a little too much for a night out in the south coast, but once you see it a little closer the items make perfect sense. 




(S O U T H  C O A S T  A T T I R E)
(Button Up Blouse - 2hand Skin)
(Bustier - Hennes&Mauritz)
(Skort - ZARA)
(Heels - XXI)
(Watch - Miss Selfridge)
(Chains - Gina Tricot)


12 comments:

  1. Your legs are like perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the skort :) how do you choose your outfits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather apps, tumblr, closet probing, more tumblr, friends&family feedback and running out of time then running out of the house with whatever I have on. :) haha

      Delete
  3. your boyfriend is such a lucky guy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. not that I don't like your "modelling" faces but you really should smile more. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, will try it more then ;) xx

      Delete
  5. You look a little chubby again...

    ReplyDelete