Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Recap Bitches



I can't believe that 2014 has already passed, it seems it was only last month I spent new years on the balcony with my friends waiting for 2014 to come. I can't even begin to believe I've gone from living in Dubai, to living in Munich and finally transitioning my self into London. Being able to live in so many places within just one year makes me feel very lucky, and super thankful for my parents and my partners who made it all happen for me. So as cliché as it is, I wanted to recap on my personal favourite posts but instead I decided to do a recap on your favourite posts. I began my stat research and soon found out that the majority of top posts where my fitness related ones, and as much as I love working out and thankful I am for your support through my journey to healthy living both physically and mentally, I further then decided to reduce my research onto your favourite outfit posts. So without further ado here are the top ten looks of 2014 (and just for funnies here are the top two fitness posts you chose)
Happy New Years Homies!


Top Fitness Post: Let's Get Intimate
Second most visited fitness post: Lotta 2.0

From my struggle for confidence shoot with gooseberry intimates to my unwillingness to turn twenty you guys were so supportive, and I want to thank you for that! Here's to more workouts in 2015 :)


Look Number Ten: White Plaid & Leather
(Loose fit Tee - Vero Moda)
(Black Skort - Zara)
(Plaid shirt - XXI)
(Black Studded bag - Seppala)
(Strappy Heels - XXI)
Ok so technically this look was shot in 2k13, but near the beginning of 2k14 and it's still one of your favourite outfits that I wore so I decided to include it nonetheless. This is also one of my personal favourites since it was shot in Dubai by one of my really good friends, and the vacation we spent together there was unbelievably fun. My favourite item from this look is still the shoes, I wear them so much making them such a good closet investment. 


Look Number Nine: Wear Pink Make the Boys Wink

(Cropped Knit - Forever 21)
(Textured Skirt - ZARA)
(Shiny Faux Leather Tassel Loafers - River Island)
(Fedora - Hennes&Mauritz)
(Faux Leather Pink Purse - Bershka)
(Gold Watch - Diva for Miss Selfridge)

This look pretty much embodies my casual everyday style, monochrome with that hint of flamboyancy. From the loafers all the way to the top I bought basically each of these items in Dubai, even though they're not exactly Dubai material. My favourite from this is once again the shoes, I got such good deal on these river island loafers thanks to the Dubai shopping festival, I'll never forget that heavenly celebration.

Look Number Eight: South Coast

(Button Up Blouse - 2hand Skin)
(Bustier - Hennes&Mauritz)
(Skort - ZARA)
(Heels - XXI)
(Watch - Miss Selfridge)
(Chains - Gina Tricot)

I remember wearing this look out when I was in Mallorca, I was totally in love with it, but it didn't go with that particular island style. I remember shooting it with my friend and the looks we were getting because in comparison to the rest of the 20 somethings going out that night to the strip I was wearing a snow suit, and to make it worse I had to make the all inclusive bar band try to look a little attractive, to no avail I believe. But I'm glad that you guys liked it :) My favourite item from this outfit is the vintage long champ backpack I got from my mom. 


Look Number Seven: The Evil Eye

(Crescent Moon Dress - Nastygal)
(Biker Jacket - ZARA)
(Ankle Boots - ZARA)
(Fedora - Hennes&Mauritz)
(Fringe Bag - A'Gaci)

This is the first collaboration I took part in as a blogger and this year, it was amazing to work with a brand from my home country that had made it quite big. Aloha Helsinki and their incredibly great taste in jewellery gifted me with this evil eye bracelet. It's not necessarily totally my style, but it did fit into my closet, it's freaky quirky side effect to any monochrome outfit is what I adore. However I have got to say my favourite item in this look is the self gifted Nasty Gal dress, from winter to summer the dress has been there for me, and I love the way it frames my body even if I'm sans heals. 

Look Number Six: Sequins & Leather



(Beanie - Carhartt)
(Sequin top - Miss Selfridge)
(Leather Jacket - ZARA)
(Leather Skirt - XXI)
(Faux-Snakeskin wallet - TOPSHOP)
(Shoes - Litas)

This look was one of the first looks we shot in January this year, and it was a die hard favourite of mine. Once I figured out to pair the sequin tops with anything faux leather I feel like my life was changed forever. The accidental combination (thanks to my messy habits and storing the majority of my closet on the floor) Too bad this year there is way too much snow and blizzards to pull this off again. My favourite item from this look is my sequin top, another find at the Dubai Shopping Festival.

Look Number Five: In The Nude



(Lace Crop - Topshop)
(Nude Flute Skirt - Zara)
(Nude Heels - XXI)
(Classic Trench - Hennes&Mauritz)
This was one of the last looks we shot still while in Munich, and I'm assuming it's on the list of top ten looks because of it's tonal essence. The most recent time I played around with tones (on the grey scale) it blew up a ton of positive responses, I'm glad you guys like the tonal colour families as much as I do. My favourite item in this outfit is a tough one, because I can't pin point what I like the most because as is the case with tonal schemed outfits the items on their own may be boring but together they make the look. So sorry guys, this one is a draw. 

Look Number Four: Hello August


(Neon Necklace - Newlook)
(Crop Top - Forever 21)
(Mom Jeans - Topshop)
(Neon Clutch - Suite Blanco)
(Everyday Business Heels - XXI)

I remember buying mom jeans last winter and telling my friends how much I was obsessed with them only to be returned with disgusted responses like "who want's pants that not only don't make your bum look bad but also are so loose they give you no figure what so ever" to getting to the point where we made this article and mom jeans had blown out of proportions, everybody literally has a pair. My second favourite pair of items in this look if the sheer neon combination of the clutch and the necklace, both which I bought in Dubai and didn't really get to wear before this shoot. But my ultimate favourite in this look is the book within the clutch, the autobiography of true style icon and fellow fashion Blogger Leandra Medina of the Manrepeller. Her story is my most favourite love story of all times.

Look Number Three: The Boob Tee
(The Boob Tee - NeverfullyDressed)
(Candy Colored Tulle Skirt - Zara)
(Candy Heels - Zara)
(Faux Leather Pink Purse - Bershka)

I was beyond thrilled to see this look had made it to the top ten, not only was totally humbled and honoured to get the chance to work with the amazing team @ Neverfullydressed, but this Tee shirt and I have spent the summer glued to each other. This look is something I still like to wear around London, I love the shock and awe reactions it warrants from strangers and colleagues alike. From the tutu, to the candy pink heels to the purse, all were mega finds during sales week (the most intense week for anyone addicted to shopping) but still my favourite part of this outfit truly remains the boob tee, hands down.


Look Number Two: 210214
(Snap Back - 59')
(Biker Jacket - ZARA)
(Grey Sweater - Gina Tricot)
(Disco Pants - River Island)
(Pink Purse - Bershka)
(Gold Oversized Watch - Miss Selfridge)
(Dog Chain Bracelet - Hennes & Mauritz)
(Nude Heels - XXI)
This look always surprises me as one of the most popular outfit posts I've ever done, reaching almost 1,000 views daily. To be quite honest this look is not on the list of my favourites, I was walking around town with my sister and felt like hey maybe I should put on the heels I just bought and show you a photo or two of the days outfit (even though it didn't feel like such a great outfit, especially because of the clash of gold and silver detailing) but it still remains at the top of your choices. So I guess easily said, as it has appeared in it's third post in this list of top ten, my favourite part of this outfit is my faux leather pastel pink circle baggy. 


Look Number One: Pineapple Express

 (JUMPSUIT - ZARA)
(NUDE HEELS - XXI)
(PURSE - H&M)
(HAT - XXI)
(LACE BRACELET - BIRTHDAY GIFT)

Coincidentally my all time favourite outfit to this date, also happened to be your choice as well. From the great memories, from my birthday dinner, from being in Spain to get away from all kinds of problems, to the great big hat, to the last XS jumpsuit, to my friends amazing purse to the nude heels, to the perfect little bracelet (that's unfortunately no longer with me..oops) to being with the best company and bottles of wine a girl could ask for, this look in complete with it's atmosphere and circumstance is my favourite of all time. Thank you so much for the support of it.

So I guess that wraps up this years top ten looks, and all time top two posts. Happy New Years babes!
Let's get keen on 2015!





2 comments:

  1. Happy New years gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster blog award.
    Check out the link for more info xx

    http://lauraelizabethcartwright.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete