Besides the bitchy coat issue that always pretty much ruins an outfit and gets in the way of life (by getting stuck on doorknobs or by ripping out your hair) no one has known hell on earth better than the women of tights. I love dresses, I love skirts, and I love my naturally long nails no matter what the weather. These are definitely three things that should be banned during winter if you dare to try them together. So for this winter to avoid further unhappy commutes I decided to create a pro’s and con’s list to see if I can get around the long nails&tights VS. Winter issue:
Reasons why Tights are Hell:
- My Long nails always end up ripping them up before I get to class
- Tights always suddenly decide they don’t like the length of your hem line and decide to become a low hung crotch hem them self. #attentionwhore (something you can't fix in public in a classy manner)
- In case you figure out a way for them not to peek out below your hem line, the attention whore tights find a way to ride up and pop out between your crop top and skirt.
- At 20 I still “can’t” dress my self for winter as the colour of the tights dictate the apparent status of wether your cold or not (black tights in public nobody questions your current body temperature, wear sheer tights and you’re completely nuts)
- The eventual hole that your shoes rub in at the foot of your tights becomes a vacuum that attracts all of your toes at once in an uncomfortable sensation.
- The tights create friction and like to give you electric shocks. Not of the good kind.
- The tights will argue with you (on certain material items) on where the skirt should be placed. I want it to cover my butt, my tights love to let that hem like ride up every five minutes. That lower booty cleavage is an even bigger no no then upper booty cleavage or flashing your thong.
- The fact that I need to save extra tote space on important days (which bumps out snacks) for a spare set of tights knowing that me and the tights won’t agree and they’ll decide to break.
- I get to wear my dresses and skirts.
So seriously if you have any tips and tricks on wearing dresses in the winter without the constant hell called tights, let me know!
(THE PROBLEM OF IT FINALLY BEING WINTER)
(LEATHER JACKET - THE LOTTA LEATHER JACKET)
(TURTLE NECK TEE - TOPSHOP)
(NUDE MINI - ZARA)
(LOAFERS - RIVER ISLAND)